Check out the Dove Cameron’s interview for Flaunt Magazine:
“You have to touch this.” I’m sitting outside a coffee shop in Hollywood on a sweltering July afternoon with Disney Channel starlet-on-the-rise Dove Cameron. She is running her manicured fingers across the wall directly to the right of us, which is textured with black lettering. “It’s really nice. I can’t decide if it’s decals or paint,” she muses, before feverishly launching back into what we were just discussing, which is why she feels celebrity doesn’t come naturally to her. “It just promotes this unapproachable pedestal thing, and that’s very lonely and silly. It’s so weird because being a celebrity is no different than having any other job, except we’ve decided as a society that it is. Nobody is higher than anybody else, so what a strange thing to feed into.”
There are three things you notice early on when chatting with the actress/singer, whose mixed feelings about the twisted nature of celebrity haven’t stopped the Disney monolith from launching the twenty-one-year-old to the precipice of fame, after a long-winded stint playing the dual roles of the titular twins on Disney Channel’s Liv and Maddie, and starring as Maleficent’s daughter Mal in Descendants and Descendants 2, which premieres this month to a rabid fandom:
1) She is beautiful, in a warm and exuberant way that invokes a modern day Marilyn Monroe, all wide-set doe eyes, plump lips, and platinum blonde hair.
2) She was (is) a theater kid, radiating energy, talking with her hands, and effortlessly affecting a range of crisp voices and goofy facial expressions when she’s telling a story.
3) She is teeming with an inquisitive thoughtfulness that extends well beyond her years, reserving the same genuine enthusiasm for the paint on a wall of a coffee shop as she does for her relationship (“I’m so in love. It’s criminal. We both just turned our lives upside down, like ‘Oh my god, I had no idea you were out there.’ He’s just the most quality human being. He shouldn’t exist.”) and her advice to her younger self (“It’s like that old adage, ‘Be careful how you see the world, for it is that.’ Don’t let anyone tell you that the world doesn’t revolve around you, because it does.”)
Our gallery has been updated with 7 scans of Dove for Seventeen Mexico. Check them out:
– Magazine Scans > Seveteen Mexico – September 2017
According to Deadline, Dove’s cast in Dumplin, a comedy film based on Julie Murphy’s 2015 YA novel of the same title.
Dove will starring this movie alongside Luke Benward, her co-star on Disney Channel’s movie Cloud 9. Jennifer Aniston, Odeya Rush and Bex Taylor-Klaus also are in the cast.
Read the synopsis bellow:
The movie it follows Willowdean (Macdonald), nicknamed Dumplin, a confident, plus-sized teen who, to spite her beauty pageant queen mom (Aniston), enlists in a local pageant. What starts as an impulsive one-day protest snowballs as Will inadvertently becomes the inspiration for a ragtag group of teenage outcasts joining the pageant.
Last week Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson came to Brazil to promote their new movie Descendants 2. The actresses were interviewd by Raissa Chaddad.
Raissa is a Brazilian actress and youtuber. She’s best known for her role as Bia in the soap opera Chiquititas.
Part of this interview is in Portuguese and as the major part of you aren’t native brazilians I translated for you the parts which Raissa speaks in Portuguese.
So please, read the questions bellow for y’all to understand the interview. The interviews itself begins at 1 minute 10 seconds.
1) It’s your first time here in Brazil. Do you know anything about Brazil? Any music or food?
2) Just like in Descendants you dance and sing a lot. What was the most difficult thing to do?
3) The movie’s very fun and I’d like to know how was the relationship among you guys off set.
4) My favorite Disney movie is Maleficent and she’s one of my favorite villains. I’d like to know what’s your favorite Disney villain?
5) What’s the biggest lesson in the movie?
6) I have here some brazilian memes and you’ll try to read them im portuguese. (Ps.: I wrote down the sentences of the Brazilian memes also in portuguese if you guys wanna play together with Dove and Sofia)
– Eita, Giovana o forninho caiu. (C’mon, Giovana. The oven fell)
– Close certo. (To give right close)
– Parece que o jogo virou, não é mesmo? (The tables have turned, isn’t it right?)
– Lacrou, miga! (You rocked it, friend)
– Vou sambar na cara da sociedade (I’m gonna dance the samba on the face of society)
– A senhora é destruidora mesmo (You rock it, lady)
I hope you guys like it.
Our gallery has been updated with 59 high quality pictures of Dove at the premiere of Descendants 2 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Check them out:
– Public Appearance > 2017 > ‘Descendants 2’ Premiere in Sao Paulo, Brazil
According to TV Overmind, Dove Cameron will be one of the guest judges of Season 16 of Project Runway:
We can’t forget to mention that the show will be hosted by returning celebrities Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum. They will be joined by judges Zac Posen and Nina Garcia. Now to get to the designers we’ll be seeing soon. The Judges are also important cast members who appear as guest on various episodes. They will include Anne Fulenwider, Georgina Chapman, Rachel Brosnahan, Maddie Ziegler, Sophia Stallone, Carly Chaikin, Olivia Munn, Demi Lovato, Yolanda Hadid, Katie Holmes, Maggie, Q., Dove Cameron, Kate Upton, China Anne McClain, Kelsea Ballerini and Asia Kate Dillon.
You can read the full article here.
Dove Cameron alongside her co-star Sofia Carson are on Mexico for promoting their movie Descendants 2.
It’s the first time of Dove on Mexico and she’s really excited.
Sofia and Dove wanna give to their fans a positive message. About that, Dove said:
“Sometimes people don’t feel comfortable to be who they are and this is not ok. You need to know who you really are and feel proud of yourself. This is the message that we want to transmit to fans.”
Descendants 2 will premiere Sunday, August 20, 2017 on Disney Channel e Disney XD Mexico.
Source: El Horizonte
Our gallery has been updated with 1024 screen captures of Descendants 2. Check them out: